Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!!!



I love seeing all the ladies that get flowers in the office on Valentine's Day! I don't really know the background of how St Valentine's day became so romantic/consumerist but I love it all the same.

I was lucky enough to wake up to some heart-magnets on my fridge this morning! They are from Kikki.K, my boyfriend knows me very well. I had also sourced Kikki.K for his Valentine's surprise which is a jigsaw card in the shape of a heart. They have a few others, a cute little car and a duck. I think they are just adorable. Adds a little more anticipation to see what you have written as you have to put it all together.

Last night a girl with a heavy French accent came to our door selling art. I had heard a few years ago to beware of door-to-door pedallers as it's a scam. But I had just mastered making my boyfriend's delicious salad dressing, and had a nice glass of wine so was in the mood to humour her.

I was quite surprised that most of the paintings were very beautiful and she was only trying to sell them for about $100 each. After falling in love with this one called 'Carnivale' I called the boyfriend over to inspect it. His family owned an art gallery in Canberra where his father sold a lot of his own work, usually for thousands, not just a measely hundred. So when the boyfriend was equally impressed and gave me his wallet to get whatever pleased me the most, I felt confident that I wasn't being scammed.


...And if I am, who cares?! It's genuine art, not a print, and it looks gorgeous in my opinion. That's all that matters right?

1 comment:

  1. For $100, I don't think you can be scammed :) What counts is that you love it!

    Ps - I'm a fellow Canberra blogger, there seem to be a lot of us LOL Also, I'm running a giveaway over at my blog and would love you to enter: Jewellery pack giveaway xox

    ReplyDelete