Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shopping Intimacies


Looking over a shiny glass counter at the David Jones’ check-out, I sometimes feel just as transparent.

These women that serve me month-in and month-out probably know even more about me than my Beautician! With every item they tuck neatly into those crisp paper bags, they learn something more. LancĂ´me moisturiser for sensitive skin? Goldwell Hair Volumiser? 5-Inch peep-toe stilhettos… that’s right ladies I’m not really this leggy, and yeah, it sometimes takes a bit of scrubbing and rubbing to make my skin have this healthy glow!

Then, as if they haven’t already summed up your life in a couple of paper bags… the till pops open and they ask “Cash, Cheque or Credit?”. Anyone that has ever held their breath waiting for ‘approved’ to flash over the eftpos machine, should know what I’m talking about when I say that even my Mother doesn’t know what my financial situation is… But Lidia at David Jones now has a clue!

“The quickest way to get to know a woman, is to go shopping with her” Y Marcelene Cox

…Good thing I didn’t buy any KY

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment